Thursday, December 6, 2007

Trying to get work done and Christmas shop

We are in the swing of the holiday season, and I have yet to start my shopping. Most of it is done online since I have to mail a majority of my gifts. Yet, it can be tough to figure out when to buy things so that they make it to their destination on time, but not too early. Of course it is usually best to order early since some things could be back ordered, which I already experienced.

I also have my decorations pulled out of the storage closet, but only have a few things on display. Even my tree is still bare, and it looks nice bare! I'm just not sure where I want to place things. In my old house everything seemed to have its place. Is it just the time of year, or am I really missing Florida? Do I really consider Florida my home?

It has only been since May that we moved, and at the time I wrote in my blog that it was time to leave Florida. Yet, I feel like I'm going through some withdrawal. Yes, 9 years is a long time to live in a place, so of course it is natural to miss the friends and daily lifestyle that I had, but I know I don't miss many of the crazy things about Florida. I think most know there is a lot of crazy down there.

I can't say I have been disappoint with Pittsburgh, but have felt a little let down. From lifestyle to government, PA is just an odd place and different from other northern places that I'm used to. The outcome of the move here will be a good one. It is possible that I was rushing my expectations, and perhaps things will pick up.

No comments: